I’ve been tagged for a meme by Marj at Survivors Can Thrive. I think this is my first one, so be gentle with me.
Rules of the “Survivor Needs” Meme:
Please link back to the originating meme at Survivors Can Thrive, so people can see its origins, get ideas for their own self-care list, see who’s already been tagged, and maybe we can track how far this meme goes.
- List 25 needs and 5 wants. Try to restrict your needs list to things that have to do with being a survivor of some sort of abuse, assault, etc. Your list can be anything…you want!
- Use this list to remind yourself to get your needs met this holiday season and in the New Year.
- Pass on this meme and tag five people to play this meme with you.
- I need food.
- I need shelter.
- I need clothing.
- I need water.
- I need sleep.
- I need my friends.
- I need understanding.
- I need help with some things.
- I need to give myself a break.
- I need to have fun.
- I need alone time.
- I need to learn how to trust.
- I need to learn how to say “no”.
- I need for my story to be heard.
- I need to stay in the present.
- I need to give myself credit when credit is due.
- I need love.
- I need to communicate with others when I’m struggling.
- I need to lose weight.
- I need to continue moving forward.
- I need to be gentle with myself.
- I need to learn to feel my emotions.
- I need to be courageous.
- I need to learn to accept affection from others.
- I need to educate others about the impacts of abuse.
- I want to cut. (Not that I’ll do it.)
- I want chocolate.
- I want my family to acknowledge the harm they did.
- I want a pet.
- I want my past to go away.
So now comes the part where I tag five people. This is not mandatory. Please feel free to ignore me if you’d like. But it is insightful. Maybe I’ll blog about that in a few days once I get my thoughts and feelings sorted out. So here goes.